Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Get out the grill

In true Mainer fashion, my husband and I headed out to the lake to help his family open camp this Memorial Day weekend. And since nothing says "camp" to me as much as a cookout, we fired up the grill and cooked Blue Mango veggie burgers.
These all vegan patties are made in Portland and hold up well to a grill. We ate them on the yummy Everything Emma bagels from Spelt Right (also made here in Portland). And since we're talking cookouts, the Sierra Club blog has some great green grilling tips.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that everyone is posting veggies burgers this week! I'm going to have to make some soon!

Anonymous said...

They look really good. My only experience with veggie burgers has been those Bocca Burgers I think it is and they weren't so yummy. I'd love to find a tasty alternative to regular meat burgers.